We offer two different workshops
01 Succession Planning
The workshop will provide participants with tools and strategies to address the following 12 areas of their business. When thinking about succession planning it is these 12 questions which every family farm business has to address in a staged process over time.
- What is succession planning and why is it so complex?
- What are the business and personal goals of each family member?
- What is the purpose of your business?
- Is your business in a financial position to meets the business and personal goals?
- Understanding your family dynamics and the intergenerational differences
- Importance of a formal communication strategy
- Importance of discussing and planning for retirement
- Formalising roles and responsibilities and reward and pay system
- Why we need documented Business Policies
- Understanding your business structure – legal and tax implications
- Understanding the role of business advisors in the succession process
- Viability and Finance Planning